The Government believes that head teachers and school leaders should decide how to use the Pupil Premium. They are held accountable for the decisions they make through:
- The performance tables which show the performances of disadvantaged pupils compared with their peers
- The Ofsted inspection framework, under which inspectors focus on the attainment of pupil groups, in particular those who attract the Pupil Premium
- This report for parents that schools now have to publish online
At Sir Francis drake Primary School our aim is “High Standards for All”.
To achieve this:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, including the socially disadvantaged.
- Children will be identified for support through termly Pupil Progress meetings. Not all Pupil Premium children will be in receipt of Pupil Premium interventions at one time.